Monday, January 14, 2008

A photo shoot at home



So there's this handsome guy I know. He's a photographer and he has to do a product shoot for Garage Magazine - you know, the one I wrote about recently. The product is a "clip-on" liquor dispenser, the kind one would wear to a party full of beatniks several decades ago. Well, there's no male model around so the photographer decides to set up a studio in the living room and do a self portrait. He gives his wife step-by-step instructions to get the right angle, focus the shot, shoot it on delay, run into the frame and hold the shot glass. By the 10th try, I poured us a shot of whiskey on the side. I promised I wouldn't get frustrated (I'm not an angel when it comes to being instructed) and we ended up having a lot of fun. You can find the finished product here. Have a drink on me (wink)!

4 comments:

Clare said...

I cannot wait to show my husband this post. This is just great! Im so glad that you had fun. You must make a great photographers assistant. How great that you get to "test" the product too. hee hee.

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

WOWSAAAA!! The photos came out amazing!!! And, I want one of those drink dispensers!!! How fun is that????

Ana said...

behind every awesome photographer-dude is a beautiful stylish photographer-chick! love it, love it!

kate farrall said...

this was fun to read and see. thx for posting it!