Friday, May 29, 2009

Surf Fridays!

Happy Surf Fridays! This is a pretty exciting day for me because I get to share the news about my new surfboard!! But first, I have to show you something pretty darn amazing.

Clayfin, otherwise known as Ted Gallup - what an awesome guy. You may know him from Six Foot and Perfect. I have long been admiring Ted's clay fins and own 3 of them. They make our house look so much cooler. Well, Ted and I did a little trade last year and along with my San Ono print, I sent him this print below. He really liked it and decided to put it on his board, so he took it to the geniuses at Moonlight and...behold the Maui Dreams Noserider!



That was like a dream come true that I didn't even ask for - pretty amazing! Now, here is the dream that I did ask for. I put it out to the universe (via Twitter) that I wanted a 9'0 board. Clayfin comes right back and says he has a 9'0 blank. And off we went...

Below is the beautiful board Ted shaped for me. You can check out the early stages under Project Dole (get it?) on his blog. It is now off to Moonlight for some special treatment, which I will happily show you when it's all finished. This is going to rock my summer and many years to come. Don't worry Jay, I'll let you use it sometimes.



I hope you all get some good surf this weekend, and for everyone some good R&R, good music, good food and good lovin'.

Pluv

---

Good golly, more closeup photos of the Maui Dreams board at Surfy Surfy.

16 comments:

Q.Peeps said...

amazing! really awesome. your art looks so good! i want a Pineapple Luv longbizzy! so cool!

6ftnperfect said...

thanks for the compliments - way over the top!

It may look like Jamie's print was copied on to rice paper and laminated under the glass job but it's not. It was done in acrylic paint on the foam by Peter at Moonlight - amazing job.

Greg Lantz said...

long live custom boards!

Maggie said...

Oh..how beautiful Jaime [& Ted!]

Unknown said...

That looks beautiful, the colours are incredible, agreed an amazing job!

Rebecca Olive said...

nice one - what a great story!

Michael Singman-Aste said...

That is so cool! What a great fusion of two art forms. BTW, I love the perspective in the picture of the boards. They look like eggs....

Surfsister said...

Well, now I want a Clayfin/Jamie board too!

ashley said...

how cool is that to have your art on a board?

and your new board looks great, can't wait to see it all glossy and ready to ride!

Jess said...

Where is my comment? I left one on Friday all enthusiastic like. Well boo.

I still think this is utterly beautiful & amazing to see.

Toddy said...

Holey moley.

Candi said...

I LOVE it! You are so talented Ms. Jamie!!! I love your work :)

Andrea said...

Wow, Jamie that's awesome! Your new board is beautiful...would love to come out and see you surf on it one day :).

organik said...

Hi Jamie .......

MAGICCCCCCCCCCCCC surfboard.

i love. congratulation ,
good waves ...

:)
lots of aloha .
to JAy and JAmie ..


see ya Ciro bicudo
a.k.a organik

Mariss said...

Beautiful! That is so amazing. Have you broken it in yet?

sulu-design said...

Such goodness - all of it. Your work looks amazing on that board.