Monday, August 04, 2008

Rodeo King


Rodeo King is one of my most recent prints. I like it because I don't think I've done such deep and saturated colors before. It's a monotype, using the process of chine-collé with a vintage rodeo postcard. The bottom of the postcard reads, F. STEVENSON LEAVING SURE SHOT.

---

Funky 16 Corners is one of the coolest blogs I've ever come across. The guy spends tons of time uploading MP3s of rare, old soul songs for our listening pleasure. There are days and nights of learning and grooving on Larry's site ~ Enjoy.

7 comments:

Joanie + Ryan said...

radness Jamie. Hope you guys had fun in Tahoe. Love the Holga shots.

Ana said...

I love this print! I hope you continue to use these deep colors along with your beautiful lighter shades.

Michael Singman-Aste said...

I like it! It reminds me of a Rothko (who was, BTW, also a printmaker, as well as a painter).

resintint said...

Lovin' the saturated colors, good stuff!!
-fsacto

Jamie Welsh Watson said...

Thanks a lot you guys.

6ftnperfect said...

Rothko goes bronc bustin' - I love it!

sinned said...

I love this print and your blog....do you ever make your own inks or know of any natural (non-toxic and edible inks)? keep up the good work!