Thursday, August 23, 2007

Something I'm stoked about

I volunteered to help Surfrider this Saturday at the 8th annual Kahuna Kapuna contest. I had no idea what I'd be doing, though I assumed I'd be working at the Surfrider table on the beach while the contest was going on. This excited me greatly as I'd be up close to seeing the surf action!

Instead, I was asked to work at the party afterwards to help set up and get things ready. It will be held at the Pedro Point Firehouse in Pacifica. I didn't get really excited about that until I got this e-mail today from the volunteer coordinator:

OK, see you at 3:30pm at the Firehouse. Just call my cell if you need directions. Two hours that's awesome, thanks.
I'd suggest wearing jeans and something where you don't mind if it gets a little dirty but you feel good in it at a surf party.

Something I'd "feel good in at a surf party"! I've never been to a surf party! Man I can't wait. Plus, I can go to the beach earlier and watch the Kapunas do their thing.

No comments: