Sunday, January 14, 2007

One of my Top Ten


One of my top ten things to do in life is seeing surf movies at the Red Vic Moviehouse on Haight.

After the film last night, the director and producer of Chasing the Lotus did an informal Q&A. Usually the crowd is your slightly rowdy, brawny OB surfers who pop a beer during opening credits and hoot at the awesome rides on screen.

If I could have guessed things about my future when I was born, I wouldn't have guessed that I'd love everything about surfing.

From the film:

"You start off dreaming about it, then you go and chase it. And you find it, then go you ride it. Doesn't matter if you're a surfer or a musician or a photographer; finding that elusive bit of perfection out there is what it's all about".

"Out of the mud, grows the lotus" Confucius, 400 B.C.

No comments: