Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tiffany Morgan Campbell

photo of Tiffany Morgan Campbell
shot by her husband, Thomas Campbell

At the Nor Cal shop in Pacifica recently, I picked up a copy of Foam - a cool mag geared towards women with all things related to surf culture, music, art, style...it's nice!

I liked the above shot of Tiffany Morgan Campbell, the director of the upcoming surf documentary, Dear & Yonder. According to Foam, TMC and Andria Lessler have been working on the film for over a year to authentically document women who inspire both in and out of the water.

The story behind the title is that some of the women featured in the film will be surfing their beloved home breaks (the Dear), such as Judith Sheridan, who bodysurfs Mavericks(!!) - and Ashley Lloyd of Santa Cruz, a surfer/shaper who seeks out ecologically sustainable materials in order to perfect her craft. Other women in the film venture well beyond the comfort of their home breaks to the far reaches of the earth (the Yonder), such as Liz Clark, who is single handedly sailing around the world in search of waves and new shores.

The film will be released in the summer '09.

Paddler by Tiffany Morgan Campbell
part of the art show benefit for Dear & Yonder


Tiffany already has one film behind her belt, the anthem to skater girls called Getting Nowhere Faster. Check out a clip of Vanessa Torres from the 2004 flick.

Roxy asked TMC what she loves to do and this is what she had to say: "I love surfing, of course, but my roots are in skateboarding. Before I could drive myself to the beach, I picked up skateboarding and have been doing it ever since. I love the culture that has evolved from skateboarding. There's a part of me that thrives on the grittiness of the streets.

But mostly I love being in nature. My husband and I live in a wooded area and this is where I'm at most peace. I need the natural rhythms of the plants and animals to stay balanced."

Sounds like a real cool lady.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very very cool lady, indeed.
And great shots she has.
Obviously, it's easy to take a good picture of Kassia Meador nose riding, but... :)