Friday, December 19, 2008

Surf Fridays!

Malia Manuel after winning
photo by Rowland/ASP images

Malia Manuel is a fourteen year-old surfer from Wailua, Kauai, who earlier this year claimed the Women’s U.S. Open of Surfing. She is the youngest finalist ever at the U.S. Open of Surfing!





If you've been to Hawaii in the past few years, you've probably heard "Sweet Cherry Bomb" on the radio. The lead singer of Nuff Sedd sang at our wedding and that was really cool. Now we are off to Baltimore, where Jay's family lives. I'll try to find something interesting to post while I'm there. That shouldn't be too hard. After all, John Waters comes from Charm City.

Mele Kalikimaka!

7 comments:

Joni Taylor said...

Wow! Have a wonderful time in Baltimore Jamie girl! Enjoy your cheesecake...I want to hear all about it!

XOXOXOXOXOX Joni

Surfsister said...

Eat some blue crab for me! Once I had blue crab, I was ruined. I don't need no stinkin' long-legged snow crab. It's blue crab or nothin. Since we live here in California, it's usually nothin.

Have a good trip!

Georges ABOLIN said...

This video is amazing !!! thanks !

Michael Singman-Aste said...

I've wanted to try surfing since September 1972, when the Brady Bunch went to Hawaii. Inspired by your Surf Friday posts I caught my first wave this past weekend. It was awesome! Thank you!

Jamie Welsh Watson said...

Thanks you guys - SS - I'll try to get some blue crab! For now, we do have a bag of Utz crab potato chips!

MSA - WOW. Holy WOW. I'm so happy for you. I cannot wait to hear more about it. RAD.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're having fun in Baltimore. You can bring a certain Ravens player back for me! His initials happen to be KB and he wears #7.

Happy Holidays!

Mariss said...

Hope you had a great trip! That was an awesome video. Malia is amazing! Ahhhhh, to have grown up in Cali with good waves instead of Florida with nonexistent ones. Sigh. :)