Tuesday, April 15, 2008

With lampshades on our heads...

Presenting Kristi and Jamie, of Covington, LA


With lampshades on our heads, we were unstoppable! Well really, we were silly high school girls looking for a way to have fun on a Saturday. My Mom, who is an expert in this kind of thing (I might have to ask her to share a few of her stories one day), helped us get these outfits together.

We decided that we were going to drive off in Kristi's little blue convertible and head downtown. We got some good honks and waving on the way there, and then double-dared each other to walk into Wal-Mart. Which we did.

Kristi has a better memory than me about these sorts of things, so I've emailed her to see what her recollection was. She is an absolute sweetheart and one of the few friends I keep in touch with from high school. She lives in New Orleans, survived Katrina, and is married with two beautiful boys. She makes me drool each April after writing to tell me all the yummy things she ate at the New Orleans Jazz Fest. One thing is for certain, I was lucky to have a girlfriend in high school that knew how to have this kind of fun.

1 comment:

missmobtown said...

Hah! I love the photo, and yes, you were lucky.