Monday, November 05, 2007

Something awesome in Portland

I happened upon this artist, Flora S. Bowley, whose work I am just loving!! It is so beautiful and colorful and imaginative!

Well, she is curating a show in Portland on Dec. 7th called "Thirty". The description from her website reads:

Thirty!
I am the curator/organizer and also a participant of this amazing affordable art extravaganza. Thirty artists will have thirty days to create thirty small paintings (8" x 8") each. All 900 paintings will be for sale for $30 each!!


Gosh doesn't that sound like so much fun!? I wish I could fly to PDX to go to this event. I love, love, love it when artists do things like this to make art affordable for the general public.

For at least 15 years, I have had a guerilla-artist-type dream of making monotypes, then flying to different cities with them. PDX, LAX, NYC, Miami, NOLA, Salt Lake, et al. I would place them in cellophane bags and staple them to poles with existing posters such as "lost cat" or "ani difranco - nov. 11th!"

I'd perhaps have a little mission statement in the bag and I wouldn't worry if it got rained on, or if someone took it and did not take care of it. I would just let it go after the staple clicked.

This is going to be one of my main goals in 2008.

2 comments:

kate farrall said...

Yes! This sounds like a great idea!

sulu-design said...

I'm so glad that you mentioned this show. I'll have to make sure I go.