Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I left my art in NYC




I was talking to Jay about my desire to leave art in different cities around the world. He suggested, why not start when you go to New York?

So I chose a monotype, put it in a sealed celophane bag, added a sticker on it that said "FREE ART! Take me home!" and wrote the following on a card to place behind the print:

Hello! I am a piece of original art (monotype) from San Carlos, CA. Send me a message! http://pineappleluv.blogspot.com

I tacked it to a wall with other posters on it, at E. 39th and Lexington. I wonder if anyone will notice it and want to take it home. I sure hope so. Regardless, I felt so happy to do it. My career as a guerilla artist has just begun.

6 comments:

Clare said...

Im so glad that you did this!! I cant wait to see if the person who takes it writes to you! How fun is that?

missmobtown said...

jamie, that is great! it is always great to see someone following through on something and not just talking about it (like me). I am going to think of this when I work on my own goals in 2008.

Jessica Nichols said...

This is so awesome. I am thrilled you did this! I've got to forward this to Betty and my uncle Bob too.

Ana said...

i hope someone as cool as you finds it!

sulu-design said...

Awesome!!! I'm thrilled that you did it, and hope that you get contacted by its finder!

Joanie + Ryan said...

guerilla art = radness. I like your sticker. "Free Art take me home" hahha thats great.