Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ventura highway

The time is finally here!

I've probably mentioned that I've been needing a road trip for awhile. Back in January I was feeling a bit cranky and my dear friend Jess reminded me, "Don't you usually take a road trip about once a year"? It had been so long (maybe 3 years!) that I'd nearly forgotten about it.

On previous road trips I've typically driven up to 8 hours either north or south. I've been to Ashland, OR a few times and San Diego a few times. Road trips wash my entire soul. They clear everything in my head and give me fresh ideas. I come home feeling completely renewed and happy.

So today, in just a couple of hours, the husband and the dog and I are heading on a trip to celebrate Jay's birthday. We are heading to Ventura, which is about 30 mins. south of Santa Barbara. It's 70 degrees there and though the water is cold due to spring upwelling, we will bring our wetsuits and surfboards. I haven't surfed for too long and I'm a bit nervous, but I'm going to jump in.

We found a little mediterranean casita not too far from the beach. I happened to notice it has wi-fi. So for this week's edition of Surf Fridays! there will be a real time photo and story of surfing in Ventura County. Maybe something from Rincon or Surfers Point...oh boy!

And if any of you need a road trip or some sort of break, start planning it. Mark your calendar and make it real. You'll start to feel good by just visualizing and concocting your plans. A little hint - For the past 2 months, I've had a beautiful photo of Santa Barbara on my computer desktop, and seeing it every day truly helped make this trip happen. Thoughts really do become things!

I'm leaving you with a hearty wish for a wonderful weekend, and a few of the lyrics from one of my favorite 70's tunes. Jay, time to wake up and pack! See y'all real soon!

Ventura highway in the sunshine
Where the days are longer
The nights are stronger than moonshine
You're gonna go I know...

1 comment:

sulu-design said...

NICE. Sounds like just what you need. Have a fabulous time, and take lots of pictures!