Friday, September 28, 2007

A healthy weekend



Shari at the end of our hike

Brunch at Alice's Restaurant

Baking banana bread with Clare and Rayleen

Now that a new weekend is nearly upon us, I am hoping it can be as healthy as last weekend. And by healthy, I don't mean I ate lots of salad. I got out deep in the woods of Woodside and I finally learned how to make banana bread.
Saturday found Jay and I along for an adventure with Shari and Chad, to do a 2-hr hike at Djerassi. Art and the woods, a beautiful combination. It was raining and the air felt so good and smelled so delicious. I ate it up like a Pac-Man along the trail.

The mission of the Djerassi Resident Artists Program is to support and enhance the creativity of artists by providing uninterrupted time for work, reflection, and collegial interaction in a setting of great natural beauty, and to preserve the land on which the Program is situated.

We ended our morning with comfort food at Alice's Restaurant, a wonderful little place named after the Arlo Guthrie tune.

On Sunday morning I made my way to the home of a master baker. Clare taught me her favorite banana bread recipe...after we chatted over a proper cup of English tea, of course. Now I'm a real woman. Thanks Clare.

May you all have a healthy weekend, whatever that means for your soul.

No comments: