Thursday, January 06, 2011

A Joyous New Year!



These are some wonderful musicians, Nicki and Tim Bluhm. Nicki Bluhm has a new album called Driftwood, coming out very soon and this song will be on it. It's called Stick With Me and they are singing beautiful harmonies with the Golden Gate Bridge as their backdrop. "I don't wanna hear doubts I wanna hear shouts of victory"! Also, please check out Nicki's blog about all things backcountry. It'll make you want to get out there, explore and climb a mountain.

Tim plays with The Mother Hips, a band that I've been a big fan of for many years. I wanted to share this happy tune with you because with the impending birth of the Watson baby, I've been thinking so much of joy. I realized that joy could be the very greatest gift I could give to our son. So I am seeking it out each and every day.

Speaking of which, he is due any day now! Officially towards the end of this month, but maybe he wants to come early. I will definitely post a pic and share the good news once that happens.

I hope you are having a wonderful start to your year - I bet you are, you little rascals!

p.s. Thanks Seamouse!

7 comments:

6ftnperfect said...

He will come early, count on it! It helps to eat a large plate of spicy enchiladas.....

Johna said...

Thanks for sharing this Jamie. It definitely brought joy to my week. I can't get it out of my head but I don't mind. So excited for you two (soon to be THREE!).

~ J

Steve and Cher Pendo said...

Jamie, Happy New Year to you, Jay and baby to come.
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful post. We're sending Joy and Aloha to you all from SD. xoxo
Love, Cher and Steve

Mariss said...

Lovely song!

Wishing you a very safe birth, healthy mama and baby, and JOYOUS time. You and Jay will make such wonderful parents!!!

Big hugs chica!

Bill said...

What a lucky little one this one will be...

Unknown said...

Good year to you too! Keep up the happy stuff, babies love that.

Eef
monstercult.org

ashley said...

that went by too fast- ha!
i can't wait to see the little sprout! good luck to all three of you! your going to be a great mother!