Saturday, October 28, 2006

I did it for the bling

"I did it for the bling" and "I did it for the chocolate" - two captions I saw on the back of t-shirts worn by groups of girls at the Nike Women's Marathon SF. When you sign up for the full or half-marathons, you pay $85 which benefits the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society - $16 million was raised from this race. That's the best part.

The other excellent parts are the views of the Golden Gate Bridge running through the Presidio and the bagpipes at mile 11. Then at mile 12, they hand out Ghiradelli chocolates. When you finish, either at 13.2 miles (me) or 26 miles (other amazing women) there are men dressed in tuxedos that hand you 'the little blue box' with this inside:




However nothing compared to hearing Jess Nichols cheer me on at the end, and crossing the finish line with Jenni Adair.

3 comments:

Jessica Nichols said...

Yay a new post! I've been checking daily since Willie. I love your bling!

Clare said...

I am so proud of you for doing the marathon.Good for you! If only I could be so fit and healthy. I put a new post on mine!

missmobtown said...

hey! I did this last year. Congrats on finishing, we will have to compare bling sometime.