Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I'm amused

My ears are tuned in to the jazz on the radio in the kitchen, which is in perfect stereo with the sounds from the TV in the living room. The living room is where Jay is now. He is watching one of his favorite rare indulgences that I only recently just learned about - men selling knives. This is like QVC, but all they sell are knives. The voice emanating from the TV is very hyped up, very excited, very aggressive. "YOU COULD BUY ALL FIVE OF THESE FOR WHAT YOU SHOULD BUY ONE OF THESE FOR - ALL FIVE".

I walked quietly down the hallway and peeked around the corner. I could only see Jay's feet in his blue and red cycling socks, resting on the ottoman. I felt some sort of amusement and happiness. The floor creaked as I walked back to the office, and I heard him change the channel.

3 comments:

kate farrall said...

PineappleLuv, you had me cracking up when I read this. What a great story. -k8

Clare said...

That is so funny!

Jessica Nichols said...

I love this one. It truly captures how I imagine the two of you in that lovely house of yours. I'm so glad you're blogging! YAY!