Thursday, August 07, 2008

SUP!




'Sup my buds? SUP also stands for Stand up Paddleboard and by golly if that wasn't one of the best days of my life. I am not even kidding, that's what I kept thinking later that day. I guess it's just one of the most fun things I've ever done, and to do it with the one you love is sublime. The lake water was so cold that when I fell off trying to gain my balance early on, it took the breath out of me a little. But later you get braver, and that's when you decide to do a back flip off your board. So a little water gets up your nose, you'll live! You're posting a happy picture of you with your bathing suit on which you normally wouldn't do...then you remember a wise German woman named Manuela who told you back in the Dominican Republic when you didn't want to run into the ocean in front of your boss...that life is just too short.

p.s. If you're going to Tahoe, Jerry and Sergio at West Shore Sports in Homewood will hook you up. Thanks guys.

p.s.s. look Danimal, no leashes (wink)!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks so fun!! Is it like surfing, or on calm water?

Danimal said...

Nice work.

That looks pretty fun in the lake. Looks like you scored some beautiful weather.

Clare said...

It looks so much fun and I love that you did a back flip!Yay Jamie!

Ana said...

This is awesome Jamie! Hey...are you going to Tahoe again this weekend?

B/C our little BBQ is this Saturday...if you are around, swing on by!

sulu-design said...

What a fun post. It sounds like you had an amazing day, and your last photo and words of wisdom are just brilliant. Good for you!

Mr. French said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs.French said...

sounds absolutely awesome! We are just starting to see this out here, I would love to try it one day...we'll see!