Saturday, January 06, 2007

Bag o' Books

Today's mission was to go to the San Carlos library. I am going to ignore my other missions of mopping the floors and taking down the Christmas tree. Ah the library. Why is it so much fun? I felt like I was a shopper at my favorite boutique, leisurely wandering about and picking out whatever caught my eye. And it's all free, free, free!

This is what caught my eye and made it home in my tote today:

- Simple Money Solutions: 10 Ways You Can Stop Feeling Overwhelmed by Money and Start Making It Work for You, by Nancy Lloyd
- Kathey Kaehler's Celebrity Workouts
-
Financial Peace Revisited, by Dave Ramsey
-
Hope's Edge: The Next Diet for a Small Planet, by Frances Moore Lappe' and Anna Lappe'

- (DVD) Good Rockin' Tonight: The Legacy of Sun Records
- (DVD) Homage to Chagall
- (DVD) The Art of Romare Bearden
- (DVD) Piano Blues - A Film by Clint Eastwood
- (DVD) William Wegman - Video Works 1970-1999
- (DVD) Squirrel Wars...and how to win them

Let me read the back of the Squirrel Wars DVD to you:

Squirrel Wars is a 40-minute PBS television event, hosted by naturalist George Harrison, which explores the impact squirrels have on people, often causing outrageous human behavior. Scenes of foolish battles people wage on the pests are followed by practical, safe and easy solutions for both people and squirrels.

Woven into the battles are the fascinating secret lives of squirrels. How they live, their enemies, longevity, courtship, and rearing of young are all revealed in this fast-moving presentation.

Squirrel Wars is entertaining, startling and informative for squirrel lovers and haters alike. Viewers will learn answers to questions such as, "Do squirrels really remember where they bury acorns?" and "What happens if squirrels eat too many sunflower seeds?"

Tonight, I reckon I'll surprise Jay by popping this in the DVD player, handing him a beer, and let the fun begin.

1 comment:

kate farrall said...

I love that you got the squirrel movie! Think it's great that you guys will learn more about willy. By the way, a big CONGRATS on the news!